Sunday 8 August 2010

Baked bean comfort soup

This week I have managed to chip a tooth and develop a sore throat. This makes chewing food is not so desirable at the moment! Feeling sorry for myself, I made soup, using the ultimate comfort food, Baked Beans!


Ingredients:Check Spelling
  • A tin of baked beans
  • One red onion chopped
  • One carrot chopped
  • Handful of pasta shapes
  • Vegetable stock
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • A little oil
  • A generous squirt of tomato ketchup
In a large saucepan, lightly fry the onion, once soft add the vegetable stock. To this add the tin of beans, chopped carrot, tomato ketchup, pasta shapes & seasoning. Cover and leave to simmer. When the pasta is soft, it is ready to serve. Simples. Due to my sore throat I served this with super squidgy soft white bread (another guilty pleasure!).

No comments:

Post a Comment