- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in to small pieces
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- handful of beansprouts
- fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, ground in a pestle and mortar
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- Approx 2cm grated fresh ginger
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 10 spring onions chopped (scallions / salad onions - whatever you call them)
- 1 chili chopped finely
- Creamed coconut (I used a 50g sachet)
- Noodles (I used a super cheap 15p packet from the supermarket)
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- Juice of 1 lime
- Black pepper
In a large saucepan heat oil, gently fry the chopped onion, chili, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and ground coriander.
Make up 2 litres of vegetable stock (I just use one stock cube, so the stock flavour doesn't overpower) and add this to the onions once soft. Also add the carrots, sweet potatoes and creamed coconut, cover and leave to simmer.
Once the veggies are almost soft, add the noodles, beansprouts, lime juice and almost all the spring onions and fresh coriander. You may need to add a little bit more stock here.
After a few minutes the noodles should be soft, season with black pepper. Serve with the remaining spring onion and coriander sprinkled on top.
Relax & enjoy the goodness... and as if by magic my hangover is cured!