Cold days require soup, tasty thick soup served with crusty bread. In the shops today I found some reduced mint - perfect for pea soup!
So here is some Pea, Potato, Leek & Mint soup.
- a couple of leeks - sliced
- a few potatoes - chopped into chunks
- an onion - chopped
- a handful of fresh mint - chopped
- black pepper
- 1l of vegetable stock
- a couple of handfuls of frozen peas
- a swirl of cream (if you so desire)
- a little vegetable oil
Then add the stock, potatoes, black pepper, chopped mint and peas, and bring to the boil.
Once the potatoes are soft, blend until smooth. Serve with a dollop of cream & enjoy the warm cosiness!