Monday 1 November 2010

Happy Halloween!

So we were a day late eating our pumpkin, due to a spooky trip here.
Back home, in the cosy warm and brandishing a sharp(ish) knife I attempted to carve the pumpkin. Realising that a) my knife is a bit blunt, b) I am not that strong, and c) this was one tough cookie (or should I say pumpkin), I concentrated on dinner instead. For a pumpkin and halloumi pasty, in a roasting dish with a little oil went chopped pumpkin, red pepper and leek. Seasoned with fresh rosemary, paprika and pepper. Off in the oven. Meanwhile I rolled out puff pastry into two rectangles and greased a baking tray.
Once the veggies were soft, I spooned them onto the pastry, added some chopped halloumi and then covered with pastry, scrunching up the edges, like a Cornish pasty.
Put in the oven until golden & then scoff!!!

2 comments:

  1. I made this last night for dinner & it was so good! Really liked the rosemary and paprika combo. Cheers for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also made this last night and made 3 out of 5 of my children sick. Luckily I was able to eat it therefore father bird was full but 3/5 baby birds "fell off the nest" if you pardon the expression of feelings.

    ReplyDelete